Product / KeeGuard Folding Edge Protection
Ensures safe work at height through collective protection, without detracting from a building’s aesthetics.
Folding Edge Protection
KeeGuard® Foldshield has been designed to provide a safe working environment for instances where collective protection is required, but without having permanently visible railings.
The main feature of the system is the unique hinged base foot which enables the guardrail to be quickly and easily lifted into place when work is being carried out, and then simply folded back down again when the work is completed.
In addition to the standard design flexibility of traditional KeeGuard® such as continuous runs, fixed ends, corners and changes in direction, KeeGuard Foldshield® can also be installed in 6m sections with’D’returns. This allows the system to be folded down quickly and easily via a simple locking pin on the base fittings which helps the system to pivot.
KeeGuard Foldshield can be used on slopes up to 10° and is suitable for asphalt, concrete, mineral felt or PVC sheet covered roofs. The system has a minimum bay size of 3m in accordance with EN 13374 and is suitable for use in either restrained or unrestrained applications.
Folding Guardrail Features and Benefits
- Collapsible collective protection system
- Does not compromise the building’s aesthetics
- Hinged base with locking pin enables system to pivot in one direction
- Quick and easy to install
- Simply folds down when not in use
- Edge protection system can be raised and lowered in sections
- Recycled PVC feet do not penetrate the roof’s membrane
- Complies to EN 13374 & 14122
High Safety Standards
Fully tested to meet or exceed current safety standards including:
- EN 13374
- EN ISO 14122 Part 3
- All installations are wind speed calculated to BS 6399: Part 2 Code of Practice for Wind Loads
Collective Protection Annual Inspection
KeeGuard® Foldshield should be inspected and recertified annually in order to ensure the safety of the systems. When installed by Safesite, the system is covered under Safesite’s 5 Year Warranty which covers any defects in materials or workmanship, including installation, provided that the system has been recertified annually by an Approved Safesite Installer. Please see Warranty Terms & Conditions for further information.