News / New Full Height Gates to Protect Access to Roofs from Ladders
28 August 2018
Our Kee Gate portfolio of self-closing safety gates has been expanded by the addition of full height safety gates.
Available in either galvanised or powder coated options, the full height gates provide safe access to roofs from ladders or other openings and access points such as stairs and roof hatches, where regular access is required for maintenance and inspection purposes.
The range of full height gates have been designed to comply with EN 4211: Specification for Permanently Fixed Ladders which requires gates on ladders to provide the same level of protection as EN 14122 compliant guardrails.
Ideal as a retro-fit safety solution, the Kee Gate full height safety gates are 1.1m high and can be easily adjusted on site to accommodate openings of up to 1m wide. As with other gates in the Kee Gate range of self-closing safety gates, the full height safety gates have the benefit of creating a safe working environment by automatically closing behind the user one they have passed through the gate.
Features and Benefits
- Comply with EN 4211 and EN 1422
- Reversible hinges for either left or right hand side of an opening for easy installation
- Can be retro-fitted to existing structures
- Extensive performance and durability testing for assured trouble-free operation
- Spring loaded mechanism for opening and closing