Ladder Training: Course Overview
A third of all reported fall from height incidents involve ladders and stepladders and on average, this accounts for 14 deaths and 1200 major injuries to workers each year. Many of these injuries are caused by incorrect use or inappropriate selection of the equipment.
As with all work equipment, users need adequate information and training to be able to use ladders and stepladders safely and adequate supervision is required so that safe practices continue to be used.
Who will benefit?
This training will benefit employers, managers, supervisors, employees and users. Delegates will develop an understanding and practical knowledge of the safe use, adequate inspection and appropriate selection of ladders and stepladders and gain the necessary knowledge and training to enable them to undertake ladder and stepladder use and inspections with confidence.
Course content includes:
- Poor practice during ladder and stepladder use
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Legislation affecting ladder and stepladder use
- Hazards and risks
- Work at height assessments
- Classes and types of ladder and stepladder
- Safe working loads
- Ladder safety accessories
- Safe use of ladders and stepladders
- Positioning, securing and climbing
- Transportation and storage
- Inspection criteria and techniques
- Practical inspections
Course duration and price
Safesite's Managing Ladders Safely Training Course can be either a 1/2 or one day course.
Prices are based on location and start at £795 for the 1/2 day course (up to 10 delegates) and £995 +VAT (up to 10 delegates) for the one day course.
For further information on this course or to book an in-house course, please contact Jason Godfrey at Safesite on Tel: 01293 529977 or via our Contact Page.